Thursday 12 January 2017

We are Stardust, We are Golden.........'

Thinking cap on

💭January. An ideal time to re-boot, re-set the clock of experience and start afresh.💭
🐾Dogs on the bed🐾. One is a huge, warm, in-your-face real and rug like Doodle called Lu-Bear. The other one known as Clemmie the ghost dog, departed in 2016 after 16years snoring quietly away-still there in the shadows. The ghost dog replacement is a character full young Romanian refugee cat - Ozzinobuns.....

Short, grey days provoking introspective thinking over endless cups of coffee. 
❓What are we here for?
❓What is the point in it all❓
Hmm - Big, loaded questions, for which there seems to be an abundance of financially driven self-help and enlightenment industries peddling solutions to the desperate ‘us'- you and me, who sometimes in our darkest and more vulnerable moments seek a deeper answer. Solutions profound, shallow, sometimes downright scandalous and dangerous.
Often the answer seems to require a credit card, bucket loads of trust, blind faith and belief in what is being ‘revealed’ by the superior, already enlightened who are eager to cash in on their knowledge. A humungous online/offline industry driven by commerce,  self-interest and often individual aggrandisement, not philanthropy.  Cynical moi❓  
Do I sound more like my man; old punk rock Stoffles in this outpouring, rather than hippy,peace and love Jeanie❓  Yeah, well I have my moments.  
I am (sort of)human after all.
I know the answer- ask me!

 I personally seek humour and self-deprecation in those whose answers I most often turn to.  Often enlightenment comes to me from art, literature, a film, an overheard conversation, an encounter with a stranger.  Sources that aren’t those that come in a neat, packaged in an Amazon box, black and white ideal. 

Why then am I sharing this internal monologue, this verbal dribbling out loud❓

I have been on this journey called life for 60 years on this green and blue batshit crazy planet.  In that time I have engaged with life to the best of my ability. I have been no saint or shrinking violet and have chosen a pretty gritty- roller-coaster-no apologies-no regrets kind of life as much on my own terms as possible. My experience is glorious technicolour, dancing and stumbling through light and shadow, not black and white. Recently various people who’s opinions I respect, have ventured to suggest that I should consider writing a book about - amongst other things - 'The Sayings of Chairman Jeanie'.  Or Stalin Jeanie as I have been referred to occasionally by my dear offspring. (A tad cruel me thinks given Stalin's particular plan for global domination and control of the masses…..).



 So, here I am giving the idea some thought and trying to think what deep Words of Wisdom I could come up with to share with the world and stretch to a few hundred pages. What on earth do I have to say that has not already been said, re-said, dressed up like a dogs dinner and been exploited to the point of exhaustion? And I need a sexy title to kick me off... (lets be honest here - sexy sells - even the inference of it) and a tag line that taps into the zeitgeist of the moment…
Well, to quote Seth Cohen from The O.C: ‘Heres the thing’- The only thing that has come into my head thus far (apart from the need to fight off a nap) is a comment I have to attribute to Joanna Fellowes (wife of Fred Fellowes who gave birth to The Secret Garden Party and happens to now own my old Dutch sailing Barge…..):- "We are stardust we are golden, we are billion year old carbon and we’ve got to get ourselves back to the garden”

I’ll get back to you on the rest - it’s a work in progress, but one thing I can say for certain: There will always be Dogs on the Bed…Err…....Could that be a working title do we think❓❓❓❓❓
Shalom Global Village.
TTFN😎😘

No comments: